Sleep is very important. A full eight hours of sleep gives our body enough time to make necessary repairs to improve our health. Bodily repairs don’t work overnight, so getting consistent sleep is essential for everyone, especially seniors.
Blessing Hands Home Care, your trusted home care in Calabasas, California, provides high-quality and dependable care for seniors and their unique health needs, such as lack of sleep.
Our caregiving support in Los Angeles County is dedicated to offering top-notch services, such as personal care and housekeeping to make sure our clients get to live in comfortable homes.
Here are some ways you can help maximize your senior’s sleep:
- Bedrooms should be kept clean, dark, and cool to encourage the body to doze off. Keeping harsh lights away from the room stops your loved one from waking up at unnecessary hours of the night, too.
- Devices should be put away before bed. Did you know that the blue light emitted from digital screens reduces the production of melatonin in our brain?
- No heavy meals and alcohol at night. Eating large amounts of food and alcohol keeps the body active, which hinders your senior from sleeping properly.
- Chamomile tea is a known and trusted beverage that helps people sleep soundly. If your senior has trouble going to bed, let them drink a cup after meals.
- Keep your senior active during the day. Allow them to take in as much daylight so that their internal clock will stay at normal levels.
All of these and more can be provided with our professional personal care in Ventura, County. If you wish to apply these tips to your senior loved one, give our care team a call anytime.
Leave a Reply