Sugar. One of the most valuable ingredients in cooking. It is also an important ingredient in our body’s operations and functioning. And sugar is abundant in our processed, unprocessed, and au natural food. Unfortunately, sugar can be a problem, especially for those providing Caregiving Support in Los Angeles County, because too much sugar in our bloodstream becomes unhealthy and dangerous for us. It can result in life-threatening diseases. So, how can we help our elderly loved ones control their blood sugar?
The best way to control blood sugar is by eating healthily. Based on Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School’s medical and publishing division, this is what Personal Care in Ventura County should do:
- Use your hand as a serving size measurer for a healthy portion of each component in your plate.
- Utilize a handful of nuts or a thumb of cheese as your appetizer before the actual meal to reduce blood sugar spikes.
- Switching to whole grains instead of refined grains for more nutrients.
- Ensure your meal comprises vegetables, legumes, fruits, whole grains, and low-fat dairy, and increase consumption of soluble fibers
- Avoid refined carbohydrate foods and eat healthy, protein-rich foods.
We understand how dangerous diabetes can do elderly individuals. That is why we adhere to prevention by meal prepping healthy meals that reduce chances of blood sugar spikes and their overall health. We also ensure that the meals aren’t just nutritious but also yummy. Because here at Blessing Hands Home Care, we serve to give you the quality of life you deserve.